Thursday, February 19, 2009

Recycle ??

Today I took my collection of soft drink cans to be recycled. I had seven pounds of cans that paid out at 25 cent a pound. That adds up to a whopping $1.75!! Lol! At one point I thought I might be able to make a "little" extra money. I hardly think that this kind of money will help much. It wont even help pay for what I think is my one big vice- soft drinks! I try to limit them though--I am not as bad as some people. Anyway, I continue to try to recycle them for two reasons. One, we dont have a regular garbage service here(unless you pay extra for it) at our home. I am constantly having to get rid of my trash. I like recycling our cans because it cuts down on the amount we have to get rid of and doesnt fill up a dump. The second reason, which goes right along with the first, is that it is the right thing to do--helping keep our Earth clean and green! When I lived in the city service limits(all my life until about 1 year and 4 mths ago), I would regularly divide our recyclables out. You know its not much per say, but every little bit helps. I am all for the Green Movement!! So what do you do to help out??

No comments:

Post a Comment